Monday, August 13, 2018

6 Things to consider before you get started.

How do you eat an elephant?

One bite at a time.


I suppose it will be nice if you know the size of the elephant before start chewing your way.

I always try to contextualize and establish some degree of the structure when I start something new. In this installment, I will try to do the same. Considering the vast field of e-commerce and all the elements involved, I developed my own framework, of how I think everything fits together. I am not suggesting that this is the only way. Other frameworks surely exist. Many would possibly disagree with some of my viewpoints and point out things that are not on the list. 

This is a working document and the framework will continuously evolve over time. It will definitely change over time and expand to include more content and resources. I am inviting anybody that would like to contribute to this project to please reach out to me. My contact details are info@cyberreadystore.co.za Lets start a conversation.

For me, this framework provides a starting point. My strategy is to get a basic understanding in as many of the topics involved and then over time become more skilled in each. I suppose that it is almost like being back at school. You have a number of subjects that you will master in a progressive manner over time, becoming more skilled in each.

Another reason why I like my strategy is that it creates a synergy. Considering all the various topics and the elements involved, a holistic view will help you to make better decisions at the start. Ensuring you invest in the right technology that would enable your vision from the beginning, could save you a lot of time and money later.
CRS Overwhelmed
Feeling overwhelmed?

Therefore, without further delay, here is version 0.1 of the framework under development.

6 Things to Consider V0.1

1. Brand
Your Story
What differentiates you?
Value proposition
    Consumer Phycology
    Colours/fond/images/logos

2. Strategy
     How do you plan to enter the market?
     Marketing Strategy
     How often to launch new products/services
     Pricing

3. Technology
Website
Mobile
Apps
Disrupting Tech

4. Automation
Processes
Social media aggregators
Email programs

5. Marketing
Marketing Plan
Social Media – The Big one
Other channels

6. Content
    Creation of marketing material
    Product presentation
    Content types
SEO

I think many people will argue that social media must be a topic or category of its own. My view is that social media is an element or function of marketing. Many businesses rely solely on social media marketing, but it is important to remember that there are also other marketing channels available, which depending on the type of business can be as effective.  

Next time I will start to unpack the framework in more detail, one topic at a time.

    #CRS



No comments:

Post a Comment

CyberReadyStore

CyberReadyStore

The Future Of VR Is Here, Let's Start Using It Properly Imagine the future of entertainment just a few years from now. V...